How Tesla and SpaceX worked with and paid each other in the past year
Elon Musk, main govt officer of House Exploration Technologies Corp. (SpaceX) and Tesla Inc., speaks throughout an party at SpaceX headquarters in Hawthorne, California, U.S., on Thursday, Oct. 10, 2019.
Patrick T. Fallon | Bloomberg | Getty Images
On Tuesday, Tesla discovered in a new SEC filing some of the ways that it is effective with CEO Elon Musk’s aerospace enterprise, SpaceX.
The submitting displays relevant occasion transactions that bundled the order of $600,000 of Tesla motor vehicle sections by SpaceX in the initially quarter of 2020.
Whilst transactions in between the two firms are not new, Tesla has not ever documented a bulk sale of automobile parts to SpaceX. There are other spots exactly where Tesla and SpaceX in some cases get the job done collectively.
SpaceX is collaborating with NASA and astronauts will push to their launchpad in Tesla motor vehicles in the course of a forthcoming (and historic) start, for instance. Astronauts Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken took a Tesla Model X trip to the launchpad for the duration of a ‘dress rehearsal” for the launch in January this year, too. It is really not known how quite a few Tesla motor vehicles SpaceX may perhaps very own or function in its fleet.
Listed here are the transactions involving the two companies around the previous year, according to the submitting:
- SpaceX obtained $1 million worth of “battery parts” from Tesla in 2019. It also ordered $1.2 million far more of people components in the first quarter of 2020.
- SpaceX also procured “non-battery car components” from Tesla in 2019 and the first quarter of 2020, the filing says. The car or truck parts were normal items out of Tesla’s areas catalog, the kind any typical vehicle shop or Tesla services heart would need to have to full repairs. Revenue of Tesla motor vehicle sections to SpaceX amounted to $600,000 in 2019, and $600,000 in the to start with quarter of 2020 by itself.
- SpaceX is also paying out Tesla all around $700,000 for a customized device, which the automaker will make at its machining facility. (The price bundled labor hrs, Tesla observed.)
- Tesla Electricity bought a technique to SpaceX for $300,000 in 2019.
- SpaceX charged Tesla $200,000 for use of its private jet in the 1st quarter of 2020.
Musk started SpaceX prior to he grew to become a board member and sooner or later, CEO of Tesla.